Five Reasons I Took This Shot
1) The Cross; it really caught my eye and I wanted to take a picture with it being the point of focus.
2) The Fractured Fresco; I loved this fresco on the wall and how it curves around only the top part of the image, I used this to contrast the monotone of the rest of the image. This meant I had to use a low angle to take the picture.
3) The light; was defuse outside which was emphasised more through the glass, this meant I had to use the soft light to my advantage. I used back lighting to create the silhouette of the cross while having the opposite windows to light the fresco.
4) The Texture; I loved the different textures of the scene, and how even with the soft light they were contrasting against each other.
5) I liked the composition; the being the focus of the lower half of the image with the top of the lining up with lines in the window surrounded by the fresco. The other textured areas of the image also frame the whole seen nicely.
ISO2000 36mm f4.5 1/500
If you enjoyed the post please remember to like and share.
If you wish to get notifications when I post on my blog, you can follow me on Twitter@apertureF64, on Facebook.com/aperturesixtyfour or alternatively be emailed by subscribing below.
All images are the Copyright of Benjamin Rowe , ALL RIGHTS Reserved unless credited to another photographer.
For more information please read my Copyright Statement
4 thoughts on “5 Reasons I Took This Shot”
lol…love it…definitely couldn’t have said it better as to why I like it…
thank you heather
Love all the elements in this photo – you couldn’t have asked for better!
Thanks Ideflex, I couldn’t could I.