Thinking about how I was going to edit my final image I thought of going all out and doing something crazy. I then looked back at the previous edits of this month and I decided to go with symmetry.
I started the month with a slightly contrasted colour version of the image that I made less contrast on the second week. Last week my image was a nice bright black and white; I decided this week to go slightly darker and contrasted, similar to the colour version of week one.
I created a new virtual copy in Lightroom and reset all the settings before copying the clone adjustments, because I really didn’t want to do all that again. I clicked on black and the toning and moved the sliders around until I got the tone that I was looking for; most settings were in the negative. I made some slight global adjustments to stop clipping and tweak the shadows and highlights. I brightened the man up a little so he wasn’t a black blob and also added a slight split tone to the image.
Compared to last week I feel that this image is much more sinister and imposing that lasts week.
Click on the thumbnails to see the pictures in a higher resolution
Let me know in the comments below what you think of this weeks image and which is your favourite of the challenge.
Next month (April) the challenge is going on a one month break, But I will be looking back at the challenge so far and seeing what ultimate edit I can make.
Remember if you liked this post to; like, share and subscribe.
If you wish to get notifications when I post on my blog, you can follow me on Twitter@apertureF64, on Facebook.com/aperturesixtyfour or alternatively be emailed by subscribing below. All images are the Copyright of Benjamin Rowe , ALL RIGHTS Reserved unless credited to another photographer. For more information please read my Copyright Statement